The Newts: Cory, Steph, Marlee, and Brody

"Let them be little, because they're only that way for a while."

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Marlee and Me


Okay, so we went to the movie Marlee and Me over Christmas, and it inspired me to tell our crazy stories of Marlee Newton. If you haven't seen the movie, it's about a columnist who writes stories about his dog that gets into all kinds of trouble. I started to write some examples of what Marlee is capable in the last post, but there's more. Lots more. Friday nights we usually rent movies. One for us and one for Marlee. Usually Marlee stays in here room and is glued to the show. Well, after our movie we went to go check on her, and I joked about her getting into some kind of trouble. We opened Marlee's door and found all my make-up in a huge mess with mascara on the walls and her face, blush and powder rubbed into the carpet, and all my eyeshadow picked out and rubbed on her pajamas. I was ready to kill her. Thanks goodness for Cory, because I just might have. I don't know how many times we have told her not to play with my stuff. About this time last year I had just bought brand new mineral make-up, and Marlee decided to dump it all out in the bathtub. After we tried to clean everything up, I went to Walgreen's to get some more make-up, even though it was already really late, I didn't care because I was still mad at the little stinker. Of course on my way I get pulled over by a cop for the 2nd time in two weeks because we can't get our old license plate off to put the new one on, so our plates say they are expired by a year. I just started laughing out loud, and the cop probably thought I was drunk or something. Luckily he let me go, because he felt sorry for me. So now you can see how much fun we have at our house with Marlee. I can't wait to see what other things she's going to do next. Somebody save me.

5 comments:

Brittney Withers said...

That is a hilarious story!!! I can just picture the "what did I do" look on Marlee's face when you caught her.

By the way I'm so proud of you for posting twice in a week!!!

The Briggs Clan said...

I am sad we missed you by hours on the 3rd. I wish we could actually align ourselves to see each other. Sheesh! I am sorry BTW... I hate that stage! I hate the trouble making. It helped to start my 'Gray' process...

Mrs. Mysti Hedquist said...

Hi Steph! You have such a cute family! Tell Cory that Derek and I say hi!

McArthurs said...

Steph, your posts always make me laugh. Your kids are hilarious. I bet you really don't ever have a dull moment in your house. Good thing they are so dang cute huh? Oh and i just looked at all you guys in your cute sweaters. HAHA, those are sweet.

Kasey Newton said...

I miss you guys so much. I heard that you will be coming to visit us this weekend possibly? I would love to see your little rascals! I am sure that my girls could teach them a few tricks as well. Keep posting (I am one to talk) but I love to hear how everyone is doing and I love to see picks, that way I don't feel like I am missing much. Love ya!