The Newts: Cory, Steph, Marlee, and Brody

"Let them be little, because they're only that way for a while."

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Marlee's first run in with the law


So, I don't have a picture of this, but just imagine Marlee butt naked, and covered head to toe in mud. The neighbors just got grass and have been watering a ton, so there are huge puddles of mud everywhere. Of course, this is Marlee's favorite place to play. We've had to keep all the doors locked so she won't go out all the time and get muddy, but this one particular afternoon Cory came home for lunch and let her go play with her friends. Well, ten minutes later she comes to the door naked and covered in mud, so I hose her off and put her in her bed. Then, about five minutes later a cop shows up at our door asking me if I'd seen a little naked girl running around. I seriously paused for a couple minutes wondering if I should claim her, but I just told him, yeah, I think that's my daughter. Turns out, the construction crew down the road saw her and thought she might get hurt so they called the police. I'm glad they did, but I was so embarrassed. I'm sure this won't be her last incident either. She's been a little problem child lately. She even locked me out of the house the other day. Someone please tell me there's light at the end of the tunnel.

7 comments:

Brandon Kolditz said...

Sorry Steph. It never gets easier. That's really funny about Marlee.

Erin S said...

Wow! That is so funny. It sounds like you sure have your hands full with her!

Unknown said...

Haha! How funny! Totally a cory child. :-)

Matt and Nikki said...

Oh Marlee! She has always been an independent and "free" child :) We miss you guys, and can't wait to see you. Hopefully we will be there in September.

Brittney Withers said...

Oh my goodness.....Why does that not surprise me. I have a feeling Marlee is always going to keep you on your toes. Good thing Brody is such a good baby. Miss you guys....We hope to come out the end of August.

The Hardy's said...

o man, that made me laugh so hard! you have a spitfire. kinda makes me think of lighting poop on people's doorstep and having our own run-in. must run in the family!

Kasey Newton said...

So silly! I want to know more stories about Marlee and Brody....post some more pics and stories please!! :(