The Newts: Cory, Steph, Marlee, and Brody

"Let them be little, because they're only that way for a while."

Monday, June 16, 2008

Good times and Bad


Brody had a really bad week. When we got back from Holland, he got an ear infection and was given an antibiotic for it. Turns out he's allergic to penicillin and he broke out in hives all over his body. He also split his head open and had to get 5 stitches on his forehead. To top it all off, he had a really bad cough that gave him a lung infection, so he's on breathing treatments too. Lets just say we haven't gotten a lot of sleep for awhile. But I'm happy to say that he is doing a million times better, and the rash is gone. Poor little guy. We love him so much.





Marlee on the other hand has had a great week because she got a new kitty. She named it Meow, and is so excited. The first couple of nights she couldn't sleep because she was so happy. I finally gave in to having a pet, even though I vowed never to have a cat. It's actually not that bad.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about Brody. He looks so miserable with that rash. Love the pics of Marley with "meow." So cute. When are we all going to get together?

Brandon Kolditz said...

Brody looks entirely different with the rash. Glad to hear he's doing better. I don't like cats, but they are sure a lot less maintenance than dogs, unless you want to chain one up in your backyard.

The Hardy's said...

oh, that picture of brody breaks my heart. i thought he had chicken poxs at first...hang in there mama!

Erin S said...

Oh sad! I feel so bad for Brody, poor little guy. I hope it goes away soon. Glad you had a good time on your trip, you and Corianne are brave to take the kids with you!! I love your grandpa, he is so nice.

Jilene said...

Poor guy! I'm glad he's doing better. I'm so excited to come up there in a month and a half. I can't wait to see you guys.

Carlee and Curt said...

Wow! Your poor little guy! We are happy to be back! I am sad that we won't be coming to Rexburg, but we will probably be around here quite a bit. We are staying with Carpenters for 6 weeks, and we don't have any kids for Hadley to play with. We should get together and let the kids play! If you want to, give me a call! 356-8297

Tyler and ShaeLee May said...

Hey Steph,
Poor little baby. I'm allergic to penicillin too. Your little girl is such a cutie. She looks just like you. How are you doing? So fun to see your family.
Shae

Carlee said...

Hey Steph! I don't know if you it is today or yesterday that you are going to the splash park, but we are going over there today. Hopefully we will see you there!lk

Matt and Nikki said...

Hi Steph! Thanks for being the only person to write on our page. :D Anyways, I'm sure I'll be talking to you guys soon! Have a great weekend

Brittney Withers said...

Poor baby Brody. He looks so sad. I miss my Marlee and Brody! Cant wait to see you guys for the fourth!